Meet My Muse

Monday, October 29, 2007

Accountability, Day 4

Today is the day that I shall call, The Day That Started With A Hangover.

Don't freak out - I wasn't drinking. I just came down with one of these killer headaches yesterday. They've been hitting me off and on the last couple months, and yesterday was my day to deal with them. Sometimes they last a few days, so I was a bit afraid to get out of bed this morning. Once I got up and going, though, things were fine. Must've been too much Mexican food and sunshine yesterday, or something.

So, I started late, but I still feel that I was productive.

8:00 - Roll out of bed, get breakfast, check email & internet, start laundry, call bug guy, do dishes
10:00 - Start work on writing-related tasks. (I swapped a couple chapters with a friend, so I spent an hour looking over her comments and answering questions she had about my comments.)
11:00 - Start writing
12:15 - Break for lunch and chores
1:15 - More writing
4:00 - Stop for the day. Time to prep dinner and finish chores, so I can get to Bunco tonight.

Total writing time today: 4 hours, plus 1 hour for writing-related issues
Total word count: 4,013 words, equal to 16 pages.

At this rate, if I can write 1,000 words an hour, I could finish my manuscript in about 70 hours. Probably couldn't do it in 70 hours straight, though. Even I need to sleep sometimes.

We're in the home stretch, folks! One more day to report daily progress before checking back in with the Deadline Divas. Woo-hoo!

Labels: ,


Posted by Honey :: 4:54 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------